Career Category Description
Maintenance Coordinators – OVERVIEW:
The Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for coordinating routine maintenance and maintenance projects in the communities. Work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. but may require additional hours to meet the needs of the client. Prepares bid specifications, solicits proposals and oversees awarded contracts. Works closely with the Community Manager to obtain bids for various work orders and oversee the work to its completion. This position spends approximately one-third of their time in the field reviewing facilities and meeting with contractors. The following job description is an overview of the position’s responsibilities, however in order to maintain a "team concept" everyone may be called upon to assist in other areas in order to provide our clients with the best possible service.
Maintenance Coordinators Job Description
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures that community facilities are well maintained.
• Performs routine inspections of all Association owned and maintained property as indicated in Association contract and reports findings to the Community Manager verbally and via required reports.
• Prepares bid specifications, Request for Proposal (RFP) and Work Order (WO) for Association contracts and solicits bids for evaluation and selection by Association.
• Prepares all contracts and agreements on behalf of the Association.
• Communicates needs of Association to vendors.
• Makes recommendations for improvements in facilities and/or services to Community Manager.
• Implements the decisions of the Board of Directors.
• Follows up to ensure that work has been completed as approved, with the specified materials, within the timeframe indicated, and within the amount allocated.
• Ensures that contractual obligations are being met by all contractors.
• Ensures access to facility for the vendor via keys or meeting the vendor at designated time and location.
• Attends Association meetings as necessary.
• Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCIES - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty as described above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Job Technical Knowledge
• Demonstrates proficiency in areas of responsibility
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
• Writes clearly and informatively
• Uses time and resources efficiently
• Demonstrates commitment to quality, accuracy and thoroughness
Decision Making/Problem Solving
• Collects data and synthesizes information to solve problems
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner • Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
• Displays original thinking and creativity
• Meets challenges with resourcefulness
Business Sense /Customer Service
• Responds promptly to customer needs
• Responds well to questions and maintains confidentiality
• Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
• Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
• Reacts well under pressure
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, including delays or unexpected events
• Manages competing demands
• Treats other with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
• Balances team and individual responsibilities
• Self-directed; takes initiative as appropriate
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit
Language, Math and Reasoning
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, contracts, and procedural manuals. Ability to write reports, and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. • Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
• Requires High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• There are no specific requirements for this position.
• Advanced Internet skills
• Intermediate MS Outlook, Word, Excel and other basic software functions
• Minimal ability to trouble-shoot issues with computerized office equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand, and reach with hands and arms.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to handle, or feel.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, as well as stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
• Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet of more)
• Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
• Depth perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• This position works in an environment with moderate to heavy noise level.
• This position works in a call center environment.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions, as well as other outdoor weather conditions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to extreme cold or extreme heat.
Note: Nothing in this job specification restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
© C.I.A. Services, Inc. | Last Update: 11-12-2015
Send your resume:
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please send your resume by mail or by clicking below (attach resume in Word or PDF format). If we do not have an appropriate opening for you at this time, we will keep your resume on file for future consideration.First Name