Become a Volunteer
Homeowners Associations thrive on volunteers and there are many volunteer opportunities available. The dedication and skills of volunteers are an invaluable commodity.
Which volunteer option is the right choice for you? Are you a born leader with fierce decision making skills? Consider a position on the Board of Directors. Was your home or vehicle recently broken into? Create a strong, active Crime Watch/ Block Captain Committee. Do you have a green thumb? Then the garden club, yard of the month or beautification committee is for you! Are you known for throwing outstanding parties? The Social Committee is a perfect fit for your talent.
Whatever your motivation, there’s a place just for you. Volunteers are in high demand. Find out how you can help and make yourself at home!
Board of Directors
Following is a summary of the role each officer may play on the Board of Directors; however, the board may elect to transfer some roles to the manager. For example, the manager may lead the meeting or take the minutes; however, the decision makers are the elected directors, not the manager.
The role of the President is that of a leader. The President typically presides over the meetings, keeps the agenda going and ensures sound decisions are made. The President leads discussions and ensures productivity. The President often signs legal documents such as loans and contracts and serves as a signatory for checks (payments).
The Vice-President shall act in place of the President in the event of his/her absence, inability or refusal to act, and shall exercise and discharge such other duties as may be required of this position by the Board.
The Secretary is typically responsible for the minutes of the meeting; however, the manager is often assigned this task and the Secretary signs the acceptance of the minutes upon board approval. The Secretary may also sign various legal documents such as contracts.
Committee Volunteers Needed
Following are examples of potential committees that Cross Creek Ranch residents may benefit from. If you are interested in participating, please contact C.I.A. Services.
The purpose of the Social Committee is to assist the Lifestyle Director and/or the Board with activities that promote a sense of community within Cross Creek Ranch. The Committee is vested with advisory powers only and is not authorized to act on behalf of the Association. Examples of activities that would fall under this Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in coordinating social events at Adventure Island and Flewellen Creek Pool, such as Memorial Day Splash Day and 4th of July party
- Assist in coordinating seasonal events such as Easter, Halloween, and Christmas events
- Assist in coordinating National Night Out event with local emergency services groups
- Assist in coordinating excursions events such as Skeeters games and the Kids Triathlon
- Promote special interest groups such as Bunco, Celebrate your Princess, Luau’s and Movie on the Hill
- Visit new residents to welcome them to community
The purpose of the Committee is to identify various issues that need attention throughout Cross Creek Ranch, evaluate alternatives and solutions as to such issues and to provide recommendations to the Board. The Committee is vested with advisory powers only and is not authorized to act on behalf of the Association. Examples of issues that would fall under this Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in monitoring roadways throughout Cross Creek Ranch, including signage, road markings and barriers and report any issues pertaining to same to the Board
- Assist in monitoring existing Association facilities, including but not limited to playgrounds, tennis courts, basketball courts, water features, open park areas, dog park, trail systems, fences, monuments, decorative lighting, gate system functionality for private sections and amenities and report any deterioration and any other issues regarding same to the Board
- Report all facility and street lights that are not in proper working order
Resident Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Committee is to serve as a liaison from the residents of Cross Creek Ranch to the Board in order to provide input to the Board with respect to suggestions or concerns as to any matter concerning the Association. The Committee is vested with advisory powers only and is not authorized to act on behalf of the Association.
The purpose of the Grounds Committee is to identify projects and objectives as they relate to the maintenance and enhancement of property and facilities for which the Association has responsibility pursuant to the governing documents for Cross Creek Ranch. The Committee is vested with advisory powers only and is not authorized to act on behalf of the Association. Examples of projects and objectives that would fall under this Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in monitoring existing landscaping and natural areas within Association property and report any deterioration and any other issues to the Board
- Assist in monitoring existing Association facilities, including but not limited to playgrounds, tennis courts, basketball courts, gates, water features, open park areas, dog park, trail systems, fences, monuments and decorative lighting, and report any deterioration and any other issues to the Board
- Make recommendations as to areas and/or facilities that would be positively served by additional beautification projects
What do volunteers do?
If you like this community, if you want to make it even better, they can always use your help. Links to “job” positions are on this page, below:
What else might you like to do?
Yard of the Month
This community employs a full service management company, C.I.A. Services, Inc., to provide professional community association needs. They handle all aspects of budgeting and financial management, watch over the facilities and contractors, deed restrictions, interpersonal relationships among neighbors and more. They train our key personnel and board members. Learn more about their capablilies and their responsibilities to us:
Our Community Manager is
Renea Miksch - PCAM, 713-981-9000 , or send an email.