Career Category Description
Community Specialist – OVERVIEW:
Administrative Personnel performs general clerical and administrative duties. This position serves as a representative of C.I.A. Services, Inc. Work hours are either 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or 9:00 am to 6:00 pm., 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, or 11:00 am to 8:00 pm. The following job description is an overview of the position’s responsibilities, however in order to maintain a "team concept" everyone may be called upon to assist in other areas in order to provide our clients with the best possible service.
Community Specialist Job Description
We are looking for someone who understands the importance of great customer service. You will take calls and handle emails to provide information and assist our customers with whatever they need. Become that great person on the other end of the line with your winning attitude. If this is the career for you, apply to the right with your resume.
• Answers all incoming calls including calls from owners, residents and business professionals.
• Documents all communications in Red Dog system as appropriate, including notes and/or comments and contact information for the callers. Follows up on communications as necessary.
• Answers inquiries and questions, handles complaints, troubleshoots problems and provides correct information in a professional manner.
• Serves as the advocate for the incoming caller and provides follow-through to ensure the call receives resolution.
• Handles a large volume of the calls to and from the members, such as, but not limited to assessment collections, deed restrictions, architectural issues, facility rentals and any other general calls regarding the Association.
• Performs caller verification to ensure the call is connected to the right party.
• Performs additional responsibilities as requested.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCIES - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty described above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Job Technical Knowledge
• Demonstrates proficiency in areas of responsibility
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
• Writes clearly and informatively
• Uses time and resources efficiently
• Demonstrates commitment to quality, accuracy and thoroughness
Decision Making/Problem Solving
• Collects data and synthesizes information to solve problems
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
• Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
Business Sense / Customer Service
• Responds promptly to customer needs
• Responds well to questions and maintains confidentiality
• Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
• Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
• Reacts well under pressure
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, including delays or unexpected events
• Manages competing demands
• Treats other with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
• Balances team and individual responsibilities
• Self-directed; takes initiative as appropriate
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit
Language, Math and Reasoning
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong letter writing skills helpful.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• There are no specific requirements for this position.
• Intermediate level keyboard and typing skills
• Basic Internet skills
• Intermediate MS Outlook, Word, Excel and other basic software functions
• Minimal ability to trouble-shoot issues with computerized office equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 30 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand, as well as speak and listen.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to reach, handle, or feel.
• Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• This position works in an environment with moderate to heavy noise level.
• This position works in a call center environment.
Note: Nothing in this job specification restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
© C.I.A. Services, Inc. | Last Update: 04-12-2017
Send your resume:
Community Specialist for Houston North Office
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please send your resume by mail or by clicking below (attach resume in Word or PDF format). If we do not have an appropriate opening for you at this time, we will keep your resume on file for future consideration.First Name